We shape business opportunities through holding an upper hand on political debates.
Matching value proposition from companies with the EU legislative agenda.
Using strong political judgement to advise on best advocacy strategy, acting at the highest political level.
Anticipating, promoting and reacting to changes in the political environment in Brussels & the Member States.
Reinforcing policy actions through communications and engagement opportunities.
A positive business outcome in comitology procedures requires a holistic approach: advocacy/legal/socio-economic & scientific one. EU Focus will ensure:
- Full guidance through the Comitology process.
- Best possible political compromises, based on our large experience of precedents (plant protection products, biocides, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, additives, harmonised classifications).
- Constructive engagement with relevant EU Standing Committee interlocutors including at higher political levels in all Member States, thanks to our 22 years history of dynamic dialogue & presence in Member States.
- Positive dialogue in Brussels with EC officials and MEPs.
- Strong coordination with our privileged scientific partners (toxicology & ecotoxicology): SCC Consulting (Germany), CEHTRA (France), Eurofins & Charles River to secure a strong technical argumentation.
- Strong integration with our Socio-Economic Partner (RPA-Europe) to propose the best SEAs for REACH related dossiers (Restriction, Authorisation).
“Take a common-sense approach to problem-solving with innovation and efficiency… Be open for dialogue and be committed to building bridges.”
Charles Michel, President of the European Council
Legal & Advocacy go together. EU Focus developed a one-stop-shop in regulatory matters.
Strong legal support in highly regulated sectors under Comitology rules, in partnership with Fieldfisher.
Legal advice in anti-trust and merger controls, trade, public procurement, litigation.
A combined & integrated advocacy/legal strategy is the way forward to maximise a negotiating position.
Integrated legal support on data & security, protection, patents including upcoming legislation on cybersecurity & artificial intelligence.
A Communication Strategy is required, at strategic times, to reinforce the influence of advocacy & foster the development of solutions.
- More and more, communication strategies are essential in reaching out the society on sensitive matters, in particular, in this (post) Covid era.
- The society, at large, shapes the views of decision-makers. EU Focus develops and conceptualises communication plans to reinforce the regulatory, scientific, legal or policy strategy.
- Communication crisis management
- Social Media strategies in Brussels & the Member States: make your story ‘their” emotion.
We help you substantiate your contribution to more sustainable, equitable, and resilient systems as part of the EU ‘Green Deal’ by demonstrating progressive shift to models that benefit the planet.
- Assessing and addressing material issues:
. Impact on people & the environment
. Rural development
. Human rights
. Land use
. Natural resources conservation
. Access & benefit sharing
. Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Strong links & cooperation with various Universities & reknown professors (e.g Universita dell Sacro Cuore, Zurich, etc).
COde of conduct
EU Focus Group is a consultancy company operating in the whole EMEA.
In all regions, its objective is to secure the perfect solution to either secure market access or shape new legislation. EU Focus operates in an integrated model offering its clients advocacy-legal and communication supports. The 3 dimensions of the consultancy work reinforces the successes of success and minimizes the risks. All EU Focus partners and team operate under the same operational & ethical rules.
All potential projects are revised by the EU Focus Group Board and are scrutinized against the rules of good business management. EU Focus Group & Partners will never engage in activities on behalf of clients which would foster or facilitate racism, hate, discrimination, corruption, money laundering, illegal trade & counterfeiting & doubtful commercial practices.
All EU Focus Group Partners & team are experienced consultants with strong reputations in their own region or field of experience. Most are either lawyers or political scientists by education and
have operated in governments or in business before joining EU Focus. Quality is therefore of upmost importance to the EU Focus Group.
All EU Focus Group clients shall not be on any black list in whatever form. EU Focus Group will be particularly attentive to potential clients who would violate basic & fundamental rights.
EU Focus Group will not discriminate against specific sectors as long as the objectives of the mission would be respectful of the EU and national legislations.
EU Focus Group is registered in the European Commission Transparency Register. In this sense, in each meeting, whether at the European Commission, Parliament or in the Member States, EU Focus Group & its Partners will always indicate in a transparent manner how they operate and what are the objectives pursued to allow any decision-maker to decline, if required an encounter, even if informal.
EU Focus Group will engage with its clients through mutual respect with total transparency as regards the terms of the financial conditions of the contractual relations. EU Focus Group may, depending
on the circumstances, engage itself in a project based on success and will define precisely the terms, through common agreement with the client.
EU Focus Group & its Partners will always secure and guarantee the confidentiality of the information shared by its clients.